Skip to main content

February 17, 2012 Valentine's Day Card

Yesterday I made a Valentine's Day card using the new stamps I won!
I was so excited to get them in the mail. They are the first stamps I won.:0)
I won them on Kate's blog http://smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/ a few weeks ago.
If you haven't been to her blog....hop on by she is super krafty.;0)
The stamp set is from My Craft Spot http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/p/shop.html .
She has lots more really cute stamps on the site (above) as well.
Thanks again to Kate!:0)

Here is what I used to create my card.
For the card base I used a basic white card from a Recollections card and envelope set.
The background paper is from K& Company. The folder shape (Recollections/Kraft paper) is from : From my Kitchen. The grass (old SU paper) was cut using the Fiskars border punch. The frog is a cut from Live Simply cartridge. The stamp set is Build a Valentine from My Craft Spot. The ink I used is black from Color Box. On the heart I used a copic sketch pen (R29-lipstick red) and then added Inkssentials Glossy Accents on top. The grass is only sewn to the folder and background cardstocks.

Hope you like it!
Have a great weekend everyone!





Comments

Stephanie Dang said…
Very cute! Love the file folder and your cut is simply adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

May 23, 2012 It's Summer (Summer Wreath .... minus the apostrophe.....)lol

Good afternoon everyone. I am not sure why...but this project took me a really long time. I need to put my little apostrophe in my wreath too.....ooops! Ok....here is what I used to create the wreath..... I purchased a large foam ring at Michael's, as well as some pretty light blue yarn. I covered the ring of foam in yarn, that took a long time. I started in the inside of the wreath so you wouldn't see the glue as much. I used a hot glue gun. I used the "Life's a Beach" cartridge for everything BUT the wording ... The letters are from Base Camp. I didn't see an apostrophe...but there was quotation marks. I need to still add that. That is my go to cartridge for letters. Hope you like my project. Have a great day!:0)

November 5, 2011 Rosette Turkey

Good afternoon everyone!!! I made a rosette this morning. I was wanting to make some sort of Thanksgivng decoration for my son's teacher and this is what I came up with. I found the directions for the rosette here: http://mrsbscraftroom.blogspot.com/ Go check out here blog if you haven't been there before. She made a beautiful pumpkin rosette.:0) AND she made a video to show you how to make it.;0) I followed the instructions she had and made the brown rosette. I added an extra rosette on the top, I believe it was 2 1/2 x 12 (2 pieces). What I added: 3 strips of 4 x 12 scored at 1/2 inch intervals. I made a 1/2 rosette. At the bottom (to hold it together) is about a 2x12 strip of the same cardstock glued to the rosette. The cartridge I used was Create a Critter. The cardstock I used was: rosette and turkey (Recollections) and the rest was (old) SU. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!!!:0)

January 9, 2012 Small Valentine's Day card (2 3/4 x 3 3/4)

Good evening everyone! I found some super cute brown envelopes a few weeks back at Archiver's. It was $2.99 for 12 envelopes (4 x 3.75 in). I thought it would be cute to put the little envelopes inside the treat bags for my daughter's class. I am linking this up with http://www.pinkcricut.com/2012/01/to-link-party/ What are You up to? Link up party;0) This is what I used to make the little owl Valentine's day cards...... Cardstock (base) : Recollections in brown                   (cover): K&C Company                   (solids): (old) SU                   (pattern): K&C Company Paper punch: Fiskars Cartridge: Create A Critter I started off with a piece of 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch brown cardstock and scored it at 2 3/4. I used the Fiskards paper punch on the front piece of the card. I cut a piece of cream cardstock at 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 for the front of the card. I cut a piece of patterned paper at 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 for the front of the card. The patterned cardst